Problems with bones, muscles or joints?
Call the MSK Line: Mon-Fri 9-11.30am | 0300 369 0680
If you have a musculoskeletal problem (an issue with your joints, bones or muscles) you can call the East Lothian Musculoskeletal (MSK) Support Line direct.
You don’t need to call us or need a referral from any other health professional first.
The MSK team can investigate, diagnose and treat a wide range of problems including those listed below. They can also arrange any tests needed such as X-Rays.
- Muscle, bone or joint pain
- Back pain / sciatica
- Neck pain / whiplash
- Joint pain & stiffness including knee/ shoulder, wrist and hand pain and osteoarthritis
- Muscle or tendon pain eg tennis elbow, achilles tendon pain
- Sprains or strains eg knee / ankle sprain, calf strain
- Weakness / de-conditioning after injury or surgery
- Loss of confidence with movement and physical activity.
When you call, a member of the team will take your details and make an appointment for you for a telephone review with an advanced physiotherapy practitioner within two working days. The advanced practitioner will then call you back at convenient time for you, assess you over the phone and development a care plan with you.
Please note that this team can’t help with prescription requests.