To register with us:
- visit NHS Inform to download and complete the registration form electronically
- download and complete our new patient questionnaire
- please make sure you give us an up-to-date mobile and email address we can use, to help us give you the best care
- email both forms to us at [email protected]
- QMU students living on campus or in the EH15 or EH21 postcodes should register with us by 24 September 2021 at the latest **Could you please kindly provide your block, flat & room number – This is essential before we are able to register you onto our system**
If you can’t do this, please get paper copies at Reception and return them by hand. It’ll take us around two working days to register you after you send the forms in, so please wait a few days before making an appointment.
Our Practice area is Musselburgh, Wallyford, Whitecraig and part of Edinburgh. QMU students registering with us must be living on campus or in the EH15 or EH21 postcodes.
The NHS Inform GP Practice finder doesn’t match your postcode to a GP Practice whose boundary area your house definitely falls under. It lists all nearby Practices, with the distance from your postcode. It’s then up to the patient to call each Practice to see which one they can register with – it’ll usually be one of the first couple of Practices listed, ie the nearest ones to your address.
Moving outside the Practice area?
If you’re registered with us and then move outside our Practice area, you should register with a GP Practice in the new area you’ve moved to.
If you don’t tell us you’ve moved outside our Practice area and remain registered with us, we will (if notified by any other agency that you’ve moved outside our Practice area) send you a letter to tell you to re-register with a Practice in your new area. We’ll also send a letter to the NHS Lothian Primary Care team, to tell them you’re now living outside our practice area and should be removed from our list of registered patients.
Need an interpreter?
If English isn’t your first language, you can speak to an interpreter who can help you register with us. Please visit NHS Inform to find the number to call.