To register with us:

If you aren’t able to download the forms and email them to us, and don’t have anyone who can help you do this, please come to our reception desk to get paper copies of the forms, fill them out by hand, then return them to our reception team.

It’ll take us around two working days to register you after you send the forms in, so please wait a few days before making an appointment.

To help us give you the best care, please make sure you give us an up-to-date telephone number, mobile number and email address.

Practice area

You can see our Practice boundary map in more detail here.

Our Practice area is Musselburgh, Wallyford, Whitecraig and part of Edinburgh.

The NHS Inform GP Practice finder doesn’t match your postcode to a GP Practice whose boundary area your house definitely falls under. It just lists all Practices with a distance from your postcode. It’s then up to the patient to call each Practice to see which one they can register with – it’ll usually be one of the first couple of Practices listed (the nearest ones to your address).

Moving outside the Practice area?

If you’re registered with us and then move outside our practice area, you should register with a practice in the new area you’ve moved to.

If you don’t tell us that you’ve moved to an address outside our practice area and remain registered, we will (if notified by any other hospital or agency that you’ve changed your home address to one outside our practice area) send you a letter to tell you that you need to re-register with a practice in your new area. We’ll also send a letter to Primary Care for NHS Lothian, to tell them you’re now living outside our practice area, and that you should therefore be removed by them from our list of registered patients.

Need an interpreter?

If English isn’t your first language, you can speak to an interpreter who can help you register with us. Please visit NHS Inform to find the number to call.


QMU Students, living in Halls on campus or living at an address in the Musselburgh area, are encouraged to register with us:

Riverside Medical Practice
Musselburgh Primary Care Centre,
Inveresk Road, Musselburgh EH21 7BP

Details about how to register are listed at the top of this page.

If you’re registered with Riverside Medical Practice and stay in Halls or live at an address in the Musselburgh area, and need an appointment, please call us during opening hours on 0300 790 6266.

Please register as a patient with the practice now, don’t leave finding a doctor until you’re ill. You must be registered with us before using our services.