Prescription requests take 4 working days for repeat prescriptions to be processed. If you indicate which of the local chemists you use, your prescription can be collected by the pharmacy and your medicine picked up from the chemist when it is ready.
With the consent of your Doctor you may obtain repeat prescriptions for regular medication without a consultation.
The right hand side of your repeat prescription form has a list of your current medication that can be requested. To do this, tick the box opposite the drugs you want prescribed and do one of the following:
- hand the form in to the surgery,
- post it to us by mail,
- fax it to us on 0131 446 4063
- Use your Local Pharmacy to re-order
- We do not take prescription requests over the telephone.
- We can only take prescription requests through our online service. If you have a question about your health condition, please phone to arrange an appointment.
- If you need to order your contraceptive pill, please make an appointment with the Senior Practice Nurse.
When you are discharged from hospital you should normally receive five days supply of medication.
On receipt of your medication requirements, which will be issued to you by the hospital, please bring this to the surgery or post to our address.
Hospital requests for change of medication will be checked by the GP first, and if necessary your Doctor will issue you with a Prescription. The Practice will endeavour to issue you with your prescription on that day if required, but it cannot be issued until your medical details are checked by the Doctor, your prescription should normally be ready 48 working hours after the request is handed into us.
The Doctors will review your medication, regularly, which may involve changes to your tablets, in accordance with current health Board policies. Please be reassured that this will not affect your treatment.