Call 0300 790 6292 direct, to book appointments for the below self-referral services. Some CTACS services need a referral first – see below.
Appointments available: Monday-Friday 8am-5pm
Phone line open: Monday-Friday 9am-4pm
The health board’s community treatment & care service (CTACS) are based next door to Riverside Medical Practice in the Musselburgh Primary Care Centre and are now responsible for providing the below care to you, rather than the Practice team. If the CTACS team think we need to know about any care or treatment they give you, they let us know.
Self-referral (patients can call direct) for:
- Wound care, including post operative wounds, chronic wounds and leg ulcer management
- Suture and staple removal
- Certain types of vaccinations
Referral needed first for:
- Wounds caused by minor injuries, please contact a Minor Injuries Unit first for assessment, then if needed contact CTACS
- Some secondary care phlebotomy (blood tests you’ve been told to get by a health professional in a hospital)
- Pre-chemo blood tests
- Doppler assessment (a GP or hospital team referral needed before contacting CTACS)
- Vitamin B12 injections (GP referral and loading dose at Practice required, then contact CTACS for all further B12 injections)
If you’d like to express concerns about any hospital or local health board run services, including CWIC, CWIC Mental Health, the MSK Line or CTACS community nursing, please direct these to the NHS Lothian Patient Experience team rather than to Riverside. Thank you.