Appointments and enquiries (Mon-Fri 8am-6pm)
0300 790 6266
Please read the below to see if your query is one we can help with by email – if it isn’t, we unfortunately won’t be able to respond. Please be aware that it may take up to 5 days for us to respond to your email. This inbox isn’t continuously monitored.
This email address can’t be used
– to make or amend appointments – please call us on 0300 790 6266
– to give medical advice – please call 999 or 111 if needed
– to get test results – please call us on 0300 790 6266
– to request prescriptions – please use our order form
– to register with us – please go to our registration page
– to make a formal complaint – please use our complaints form
It can be used
– for general enquiries
– to cancel appointments
– to send hospital letters to us
– to follow up on prescriptions which are overdue (click here to see expected timelines) or incorrect
– to request a GP letter for any purpose (fees may apply)
– to request a medical summary
To request a GP letter or medical summary you need to attach a letter to your email which includes your name, address, date or birth and signature.
Call other health services direct
All services are based in Musselburgh Primary Care Centre
|Mental health services Mon – Fri 9am – 4pm|
01620 642 963
|Physiotherapy Phoneline open Mon – Fri 9 – 11.30am|
01620 642 968
|Minor injuries unit & urgent care (24/7)|
|Community treatment & care team (click for hours)|
01620 642 961
0131 446 4149
0131 446 4152
0131 446 4017
0131 536 1627
0131 446 4205
0131 446 4213
Feedback and complaints
We take all complaints seriously and we aim to resolve them with you, as quickly as possible.
We’ll be able to get back to you quicker if you send us your complaint online.
If you prefer, you can also send feedback and complaints to Helen Marsden, our Patient Engagement Manager, in writing:
Riverside Medical Practice
Musselburgh Primary Care Centre
We work to NHS standards in terms of resolving complaints. We aim to acknowledge complaints and let you know the next steps we plan to take within 5 working days. We aim to resolve your complaint within this timeframe too, if we can.
If we need to ask a doctor to review your complaint, we aim to come back to you within 21 working days. We’ll let you know if this is the case for your complaint.
If you don’t feel your complaint has been resolved after these steps, please visit mygov.scot for details of who to contact.