The inbox your complaint will be sent to isn’t continuously monitored. If you’ve asked us to reply by email, please make sure you check your junk mail, as we have had some reports of complaint responses going there.
Please do not submit this form to:
- make or amend appointments: we cannot make appointments for you or call you back if you submit this form – please call us on 0300 790 6266
- get urgent medical advice – please call 999 or 111 if needed
- request blood test results: please call us on 0300 790 6266 – we recommend calling at quieter times such as midweek afternoons for results
- request prescriptions – please use our order form or call us if you’re not able to do this
- register with us – please go to our registration page
- to follow up on prescriptions which are overdue (please check expected timelines first) – please instead use our clinical email
Please do submit this form to:
- to make a formal complaint
How we’ll respond
We take all complaints seriously and we aim to resolve them with you, as quickly as possible. We work to NHS standards in terms of resolving complaints.
- Within 5 working days: we aim to acknowledge your complaint and let you know the next steps we plan to take. We aim to resolve your complaint within this timeframe too, if we can.
- Within 21 working days: if we need to ask a doctor to review your complaint, it’ll take us a little longer to investigate it. We’ll let you know if this is the case for you.
If you don’t feel we’ve resolved your complaint
If you don’t feel your complaint has been resolved after these steps, please visit mygov.scot for details of who to contact.
Sending complaints by post
If you prefer, you can also send feedback and complaints to Helen Marsden, our Patient Engagement Manager, in writing:
Riverside Medical Practice
Musselburgh Primary Care Centre