Our Patient Participation Group (PPG) is made up of a maximum of 20 registered patients, a ratio of around one to every thousand patients.
Members of the group are all patients of the new combined Practice (Eskbridge and Riverside) and all are volunteers. We meet approximately once every two months and meet with representatives from the Practice around once a quarter (all meetings are currently online). The PPG works collaboratively with the Practice but is independent.
The purpose of the group is to:
- Act as a link between the Practice and the general population of patients
- Give feedback on proposed changes to the way the Practice works
- Highlight to the Practice any healthcare issues and concerns within the local community that are relevant to the work of the medical staff
- Assist the Practice in practical ways, for the benefit of all patients
- Promote good health by improving patient knowledge and understanding of how the healthcare system works
- Liaise with other patient Participation Groups in the Lothians to share learning and experience.
The group cannot deal with individual complaints: these should be sent direct to the Practice as per the directions on the complaints page of their website.
If you wish to contact the PPG to ask a question, pass on positive feedback, alert them to a general concern or enquire about PPG membership you can do so via their new email address at [email protected].
Please be aware that the PPG can’t reply to every email: however they are all read and the issues raised are noted. The group then raise any concerns and pass on any positive feedback, at quarterly meetings with the Practice. The minutes of meetings Practice & PPG meetings are published here.
The last PPG meeting with the Practice was held on Monday 27 September 2021 – minutes to follow shortly. A week prior to that the PPG met to discuss questions to ask the Practice at the meeting on Monday 27 September – minutes of this meeting can be seen here.
Tuesday 4 March meeting
The next meeting between the Practice and PPG will be held in late December or early January 2022.