Our Patient Participation Group (PPG) is made up of a maximum of 20 registered patients, a ratio of around one to every thousand patients.
Members of the group are all patients of the new combined Practice (Eskbridge and Riverside) and all are volunteers. We meet approximately once every two months and meet with representatives from the Practice around once a quarter (all meetings are currently online).
The purpose of the group is to:
- Act as a link between the Practice and the general population of patients
- Give feedback on proposed changes to the way the Practice works
- Highlight to the Practice any healthcare issues and concerns within the local community that are relevant to the work of the medical staff
- Assist the Practice in practical ways, for the benefit of all patients
- Promote good health by improving patient knowledge and understanding of how the healthcare system works
- Liaise with other patient Participation Groups in the Lothians to share learning and experience.
The group do not deal with individual complaints: these should be sent direct to the Practice.
The PPG works collaboratively with the Practice but is independent.
The next PPG meeting is on Tues 4 March 2021. Minutes will be published here afterwards.