The East Lothian Health & Social Care Partnership will be delivering the below vaccines, rather than GP Practices.
- flu vaccines for all eligible patients
- Covid vaccines for 12-15 year olds – and those who still need 1st or 2nd doses
- Covid boosters for those over 50 years and people aged 16-49 with underlying health conditions
This is part of a wider plan for local health boards across Scotland to deliver more of certain types of health services to patients over the coming months and years, so your GP is better able to provide you with the expert care you need.
We respectfully ask that you don’t contact the Practice about flu and Covid vaccines, to help us keep our busy phoneline as free as possible for patients with urgent health concerns. The information on this page is the latest we have.
- flu vaccinations will start in September 2021
- over 70s will receive letters with details of their appointment for the flu vaccine and Covid booster
- all under 70s will be contacted and asked to register for a flu vaccine and/or Covid booster appointment
- flu vaccine clinics will be held in the Musselburgh Primary Care Centre and East Lothian Community Hospital (Roodlands) 7 days a week, there will also be a pop-up vaccine bus
- housebound patients will be vaccinated at home by the District Nursing or main ELHSCP vaccination team
- the care home flu vaccine programme will be managed by care home staff
- families will be contacted about their child’s flu vaccination
You can find out if you’re in a priority group and therefore eligible for a flu vaccine on NHS Inform. It’s really important that you do get the flu vaccine if you’re offered it, particularly at this time when Covid presents an additional risk to more vulnerable patients.